Monday, January 29, 2007

A friend of mine who is also COE remarked that she was going to begin overeaters anonymous. She's been reading a book called Overcoming Overeating where my friend says:

"...my book tells me that any binge food, such as cookies, I have to go and buy 6 packs of them from the supermarket, they say that overeaters are the ones with empty fridges and cupboards...I have to train myself to believe that they will always be there that I do not need to eat them all at once. If I eat the whole pack I must not get angry and just replace them the next day. It is a good concept and does work I am just not quite there with it cos I just eat more and more cookies!"


Well damn, so would I! Geez, would you leave a heroin junkie in the same house with six fixes in the cupboard for them? A pack of cigarettes for one not smoking? It's a mental idea! It's downright cruel - sets that person up for failure. It's rubbish, I say, RUBBISH! Besides, I'm COE and I have cupboards bulging with food. I mean where's the logic in saying someone who eats all the time wouldn't have food in their house?? So here you are - a bunch of pictures of my tiny, messy and overflowing kitchen.

The Fridge
Top cupboard (with stains that cannot be removed)
Bottom cupboard
The counter (which is tidy now, but that's all the workspace I have)
Stove
Tonight's dinner(chicken and stir-fry veg with sweet soy and spring onion sauce)

So, definitely not empty. Not even very tidy - but I try. I don't have a lot of storage space, but I am promised a new kitchen next year so That'll be nice. For the new owners. Seems like everytime we get a new kitchen we move house.

Could anyone find the sweets??



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, you *do* have a tiny kitchen! And no, I couldn't find the sweets!

Congrats on the boots, though, and I think you need highlights to match! (red/bitchin'/stompin)

The right boots make you feel like you can do anything.

b

Chick said...

I didn't spot the treats...but damn, girl...you need more work space!

Dinner looks good.

No...I can't justify having my vice (chocolate) in the house EVER...it actually call to me.

Lyvvie said...

Heehee! My tiny kitchen is annoying compact, but it's also built for a left handed person, where I am used to passing things to the right for convenience, I have to pass to the left and it bugs the hell out of me. My husband - who is left handed - says I'm weird.

The sweets are in the top cupboard - note the purple box with the word "chewy" and next to that is a pink and white bag filled with marshmallows.

I'm going to have hi-lights this weekend, only not sure if to go blondeish, or back to punk red and pink...

Chunks said...

When I stopped smoking, I kept one cigarette in a baggie in the freezer. I told myself that it wasn't failure because I still had my last cigarette to fall back on. It worked. I never smoked it, but it was a comfort knowing it was there if I needed it.

Now, cookies? Cookies don't have a hope in my house, and I don't even have a weight problem. I do love some cookies though, so that whole theory is shot.

Cute kitchen, even in it's tinyness! Have you tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the stain? I tell you, it's a miracle cure!! Try it!