Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Well I never!

My Husband just called me Petulance: The Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse. I was merely gearing up for a huff because I (mistakenly I admit) found a toblerone box in the bin and thought he'd eaten all of his toblerone and not shared with me when I had shared some of my chocolates with him last night. I wasn't aware he had saved me some in the fruit bowl (yeah, as if I'm looking for chocolates in the fruit bowl, great place to hide them!), but I hadn't hit actual huffage by the time I got the insulting moniker. I was still in the gathering of facts phase to gauge the level of huff I should display.

This is the problem with being married so long, he can see it coming a mile off now. I miss the good old days where I'd knock him into babbling dismay with a look and a pout. *sigh* Where has the power gone?

4 comments:

Maja said...

I love petulance!

NWJR said...

My girls used to be able to get whatever they wanted with a pout and the sad-eyed "pleeeeez Dadddyyyyy?" look. It stopped being effective years ago. :-)

Lyvvie said...

I don't think I use the word please. I use the veiled threat of thunder and lightning instead. As a grown up I deserve to have my way. I'm not unreasonable. But I do give in to the sin of revenge. We all have our weaknesses.

Sylvana said...

You have to be more sporadic. Switch it up a bit. Do things that make absolutely no sense, often. Then they never see it coming.

OR, you could enjoy the fact that he knows what's up before you even have to really stress yourself out.
Ah! What a luxury!