Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's just...not...right?

I'm watching one of our new movies with the kids. It's called Pom Poko and it's about raccoons being pissed off about the deforestation of their habitat for Japanese housing expansion in the 60's. But these raccoon can transform into, well anything really. One thing I noticed, on my quick perusal while shunting about the house doing chores, is the male raccoons have testicles. Now it's not so bad, the kids are kind of young to notice or care really what those things are under the raccoons' bellies. But, I just happened to watch a few minutes of the movie, where the raccoons are fighting against a police SWAT team, and they attack from above on their inflated testicles and bounce-squash the police squad as the narrator says "They used their balls as weapons in a brave kamikaze attack." (The narrator is Brain from Pinky and the Brain)

It's all a bit disturbing really. Makes me giggle a little with a hide my smile flick of the hand, and yet, the kids don't seem to notice, get it or care.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Hey, Lyvvie--

Thanks for the supportive comment! It's good to have some cheerleaders for this daunting, if rewarding task. I'll be sure to continue with the pupdates!

Best,

Megan

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

That doesn't seem right to me. Something's wrong with that.

chryscat said...

Ahhh, then.
I say if you've got the nuts, then by GOD, USE THEM!~
I wouldn't want to get them back all bruised and bobbled. But that's just me.
And thanks so much for the visual that won't quite die.
Hope to return the favor some day.

Lyvvie said...

I keep expecting the narrator to say "And the raccoons started on their plans TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

But yes, using one's testicles as giant space hoppers in order to squash down the Man was something my mind was awestruck over. But like I said, the kids don't understand. This movie may just have to go to the top shelf. I'm still thinking it over...don't want to be overly prudish and it is part of the folklore.

Maja said...

Haha, it sounds awesome. Of course, cartoons aren't really just for kids. There are always some adult jokes in them.

NWJR said...

Wow. It really took some balls to put that in there.

Lyvvie said...

Where's a stick? I need to poke my eyes out. That was awful Rich!

CoffeeDog said...

You would think that they could have made all the racoons be girls, but then that would throw the story out the window.

Gerbera Daisy said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!