Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Eighties don't belong in the Noughties

I want this to be neat, cool and great. But I'm feeling that, "oh hell, am I really getting old?" feeling again...kind of like when I saw the bespangled former singer of Van Halen (He Who Shall Not Be Named) doing a ho-down version of Jump. I cried I tell ya, cried like a wee baby. I used to fancy Roth (Oh hell I named him, tabasco on the tongue for me.) when I was teeniebopper. Now It's just shameful - is it any wonder our teenagers think we're a bunch of losers?? "Omigawd Ma, you liked David Lee Roth - Ewww in the extreme. You may not ever comment on any of my boyfriends." and she'd be justified (Also in reality she wouldn't know who he was and is more likely say "Who?" like I did through every episode of Laverne and Shirley about Fabian). I feel I owe a sincere apology to all of my friends in school who prefered Duran Duran, because they have aged much better...even if they do still wear make up and have blonde highlights and ruffled shirts, the pansies. (Duran Duran I mean, not my friends, well I dunno, they might wear make-up, highlights and ruffled shirts, but seeing as they're real, actual girls they don't count as pansies)

But damn, Billy still looks a bit sexy. Just corny in a "Darn I wish a Rat Packer!" way. Far cry indeed from Fly Me to the Moon to White Wedding.

No wait...Bing-bada-Bing sang White Christmas didn't he, and he wasn't a Rat Packer...I'm just all befuddled. White Christmas with the wicked lip curl; I need a brandy.

8 comments:

Lyvvie said...

How many of you heard those first few notes and thought he was going to sing "I'm in love with a daydream..."

chryscat said...

Comfort yourself with thoughts of Bon Jovi. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Oh yes, Virginia. There is an eighties rocker who is STILL hot.
Grins*

Lyvvie said...

Yes, totally agree. Yuh-huh, *slurp* got me drooling.

Manblogger641 said...

OMG who let him do this is my question? He looks strange when he was singing.

Badger said...

I would still totally do him.

Doug said...

I thought he might cut loose, like when Sid Vicious did Sinatra? But no. Serious all the way. Gaaaaaaaah.

Chunks said...

That was enjoyable! But odd at the same time. I expected him to rip off his shirt, having a leather vest underneath. Wishful thinking?

I was a Duranie, in fact, I drove for eight hours one way to see them the last time they toured in Canada. It was soooo worth it! John Taylor is still hot.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Sweet-ass clip. Thanks. I didn't know this existed.