Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Find a happy place, find a happy place...

The current tantrum has been in full swing for nearly three hours now. She is exhausted but refuses to fall asleep for a nap - even though she keeps shouting "sleep!" I've used up all my motherly patience and I'm now racing about with the ignore sign flashing above my head cleaning and trying to keep busy. I've now cleaned as much as i can. there's nothing left to clean. I'll have to start cooking soon, then I'll have something to clean.

Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep.

I was hoping she would have a nap so she'd be in a good mood when we have to take Sassy for her Judo lesson at four - not looking like that's going to happen. Bless the good soul of Hubby's Grandmother for she gave me wine, and I will need to partake of the wine tonight, because lord above, help this child because if she keeps this up I'm going to chuck her out the window. My patience is as thin as a needy starlet's red carpet dress and my nerves are just as exposed.


***Update - she just fell asleep. I now have to wake her up in 45 minutes. It will be fun for all of five minutes tormenting her back into consciousness, but I'm sure she'll slam me for the rest of the afternoon with misery and decrepitude. the cries of "Mummy carry!" will pound in my ears and I will wither and crumble to the floor. Calgon take me away!!!

4 comments:

NWJR said...

"My patience is as thin as a needy starlet's red carpet dress and my nerves are just as exposed."

Heh. That's some funny stuff.

Sylvana said...

I used to slip my son Benadryl to get him to take a nap, although Tylenol worked better.

Lyvvie said...

I have no clue what's wrong with her. It's driving me crazy. Four days of whining and tantrums and misery - she's just a puddle of grim. If she were an adult I'd think she were depressed.

I feel awful having to reject her, but I can't sit in a chair all day with her bawling on me. all she wants is held. all day. It's driving me crazy.

I've given her painkillers, doesn't help. Given her the allergy medicine, doesn't help. Given her everything I can think of and she's still miserable. she won't sleep, she won't eat and I'm at the end of my patience.

fuff said...

Ugh. Praps try the meds on yourself with a bottle of wine...kidding. Good luck!