I'll do a meme. I've not done one for a long time, so why not. I have no head for coming up with a super-cool Smart Bitches Day post, but I hate my last post so much I want to see it slip down the page and off into dusty archives. You should do a SBD post, go on, have something to say about books, writing, writers then post it up and go tell Beth all about it!
I got this from Chryscat's blog, It's a Wikipedia meme:
So here it is:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year). (mine is January 1st)
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).
6. Tag 5 more people - if ya feel like it.
1. 1818 - Mary Shelley's novel Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus is published.
2. 1985 - The first British mobile phone call is made by Ernie Wise to Vodafone.
3. 1970 - Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Miles, and Billy Cox are recorded live at the Fillmore East. The resulting album, Band of Gypsys, is the last Hendrix album to be released before his death.
4. 1735 - Paul Revere, American silversmith and patriot (d. 1818)
5. 1895 - J. Edgar Hoover, American Federal Bureau of Investigation director (d. 1972)
6. 1994 - Cesar Romero, American actor (b. 1907)
7. Well, it's New Year's Day which is celebrated by anyone who uses the Gregorian Calendar.
Today is my last day with Meagan, and she'll be missed. I hope folks have had fun checking her out and I'll be bringing in a new tenant later tonight. Hope all of you Americans are having a great day off and looking forward to cookouts, barbecues and fireworks tomorrow - wish I were there!