Saturday, June 10, 2006

Oh the randomness...

A couple things...

The Hubs is something of an aggressive driver, I'm a door clinging hand twitcher who stomps her imaginary brakes. I have control issues. While tailgating a small car who admittedly was hogging the fast lane, he shouted "Get your act together you tedious scrotum!" which had me tearing with laughter, while stomping on the imaginary brake.
(or what I heard which was: "Gie yerackt tehgether ye tEdious scrrOTum!")


Sassy is torturing me with repeat play of Aqua's Barbie Girl. Sassy won't even play with the Barbies she has - they're lame, but will hit playback over and over and over and over...

While singing and dancing to Barbie Girl, Shortie will say "Ah ah ah" over and over sounding like the Count from Sesame Street.

It's been hot today - HOT! Fantastic, gorgeous glorious day and in celebration of this, my left breast has begun to lactate (just a little) again. I haven't breast fed for 15 months...what the hell is that all about? Stop it you stupid leaky boob!

Sassy turns seven next weekend. Current gift round up includes:

We hope she'll enjoy all of it. We're also may get a pop-up play tent for the kids to play in the garden with. A den of sorts.

And, because of Doug, I can't stop speaking like an eastern block refugee. My husband finds it very...nice in that raw sultry way. My fake Scots accent with all that rolling "R" practice has been paying off! Must get my bit written up...four days left to enter the contest. But first: We Dance!

Oh hell...now I have this running in my head...

okay...you like Raul? Here's more. (BTW, he's currently touring your local Scottish Sainsbury's so keep an eye out for him.)

11 comments:

Bananna said...

Glad I am not the only one with the imaginary break system.

Maja said...

When we went to see Belle and Sebastian the other day, Jason was telling me that he had a scottish friend once and he always used to try to get him to say "I could murder a burger." I'd be laughing at your hubby's accent all the time if I was there!

Lyvvie said...

We have fun saying "Aye! Irn-Bru! Made from Iron Gurders! The Rust of Iron Gurders gives it strength and flavour! Arrr!" and it's great if you roll all those r's and talk like a constipated pirate.

Do we have this kind of fun with other accents? Of course we do...ya! But Scots are the most fun.

tornwordo said...

Blogger keeps eating my comments, here I'll try again. Great first paragraph, very funny!

Bananna said...

Oh I forgot to mention -My Neighbour Totoro...weirdest movie ever!!LOL.
Although my kids do love it. Have you seen it? I don't want to ruin it for you but there is a giant Cat Bus...scary scary

Lyvvie said...

We haven't seen it, but we love Studio Ghibli movies, have most of them, and this one has so many rave reviews on Amazon we figured it'll be a winner.

We love The Cat Returns and they've done another one featuring it's cat hero The Baron. If your kids liked that one, they'll love the others too. the only one I'd caution you on is Princess Mononoke as it's pretty grim stuff with severed arms and stuff - but a fantstic story. Just not "G" rated.

Gerbera Daisy said...

When my girls were learning to drive I would stomp on the imaginary brake and hang on to the "oh shit" handle!!!

Lyvvie said...

If that's the same handle that's over the window then I do that too. I'll now call it the "Oh Shit!" handle! Thanks GD!

Nukapai said...

Got here from the Believe/Uri Geller post in "My arms fold back" and I have to ask a completely random thing: where did you find those earplugs-on-string? I have been looking for something like that for ages! :D

Lyvvie said...

google image search for earplugs. I just scrolled through the images until I found some that didn't look too industrial, becuase I'm a big girl and I want a big girl's earplugs to drown out the screaching from the wee girls in my life.

Good luck in your searches!! And I have to say, as a kindred spirit in the crayola-red haired clan, you look wonderful!

Nukapai said...

Haha, Crayola red-haired - I like that! Thank you. It does look incredibly bright and fake and I love it like that. ;) (Although I am still surprised by the amount of people who ask whether it's natural...).

Right. So Google for earplugs. Okeee. ;)