Friday, June 09, 2006

Nothing like breaking a mother's heart!

Shortie has been a crankpuss all morning. Moan this, whine that, want to go outside, want to go inside, too hot, too cold. She wants fed but then sits and stares at her plate. She asks for movies but then buggers off and won't watch it. She's doing my head in!

Finally after an hour-long argument over "More appo jush!" and I said "No, no more apple juice." because she's wee'd through three nappies this morning (I mean the pants were so full she had to hold her trousers up by the waistband or nappy and trousers would fall to the floor. It was funny trying to see her walk. Defintely drinking too much juice.), I don't think she's thirsty, I think she's bored. I finally got fed up, got her a cup of milk and said "Naptime."

Carried her up the stairs, where she was silent save for the heavy sucking on her milkcup right in my ear, and put her in her bed, closed the blind and pulled up her blankets for her. She was still sucking down that milk in a concerning manner as I was scared her face would cave in if she didn't release the vacuum and I bent down to give her a kiss. I expected her to cry. I expected her to give me shit for putting her down for a nap.

"I love you sweetie." I said to her in a very soft, lovely mommy voice.

"Go!" she says.

So I went.

I'm a bit annoyed about the whole thing and yet, I should be happy my kid actually wanted to take a nap - but really! The manners!

There's just no satisfying some people.

9 comments:

tornwordo said...

She's learning how to manipulate you. She sounds rather skilled already ; )

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

What is it with kids and juice? They constantly demand that stuff.

Riss said...

I'll ask my girls to give me a kiss and they say no because they think it's funny.

Sigh. Already it begins. They're only 2.

chryscat said...

*laughing*
Some days I would be glad it's only apple juice. The almost thirteen year old is already talking about a car. The only saving grace? She's also talking about a job.
Grins*

Lyvvie said...

Don't make me jealous chrys, that's just mean! although when car and jobs come around, doesn't that mean they're thinking of leaving...

Wow, look isn't that a lovely sunrise, wow. (don't look at me *sniff* *wah*)

Sylvana said...

Wow, sounds like she was having a bad day. She just REALLY needed some time alone perhaps?

Maja said...

Why don't you give her water instead of apple juice? Apple juice has heaps and heaps of sugar in it. I'm just wondering..

Maja said...

Oh, and I'm eating my lunch at 11am cause I'm bored. I think I should go for a drive after this.

Lyvvie said...

She gets a 60/40 dilution of apple juice, so it's mostly water anyways. Water with a hint of apple. I care about those little, perfect teeth.