Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Well that was weird...

I remember waking up in the middle of the night, chuckling away - laughing like a fiend. I was trying very hard to not laugh out loud and wake everyone up. I was burying my face in my pillow, tears streaming down my face and doing my very best to not kick or punch out from the hilarity that was in my dream. I was vaguely aware of the Hubs getting up to use the bathroom, and I tried not to look like I was awake, grinning.

What was so funny? Damned if I know, I can't remember a thing. I think I was dreaming about changing the words of a popular kids song to something dirty, but can't get my brain to let me relive the fun.

I've never woken up laughing before, it was a special surprise.

Later
You know when folks say "OK" and it's all ok right, but here in Scotland, they sometimes say "Och-A" rather than Och-aye, they mix it all up with a "Och-A" instead. Only problem is, when I hear "Och-A" I think they're saying "Cock" in pig latin. It makes me laugh a little.

11 comments:

chryscat said...

Oh God! I would SO love to do lunch with you. Really, I would. You are hilarious.

And to wake up laughing? That is awesome. I sometimes laugh in my sleep. But I don't remember waking up with the mirth. Hope you remember what tickled your fancy.
Grins*

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I frequently laugh in my sleep. I never remember what was so damn funny.

If I nap in the afternoon, sometimes I'll awake to my own laughter.

Gerbera Daisy said...

I hate when I wake up from a dream and then not remember what it was about. But to wake up laughing and not remember would really have my curiosity up.

The OK story is funny!! :-)

cmhl said...

hahahah, that would make me giggle too!

Maja said...

Cool man! Wouldn't it be great to remember what the joke was :)

Kate R said...

ot, by way of beth: Crestomanci! Oh yes! Wynne Jones is the best. My kids get them from the school library and I rip the books out of their hands because I need DWJ fixes regularly.

Nancy J. Bond said...

I woke to my own laughter a couple months ago--I have no idea what I had dreamt, if anything, but it struck me so funny when I woke that I was *laughing* for no reason, that I *really* started laughing uncontrollably, so much so that it woke the hubster. :) It's the only time I can ever remember that happening...maybe it's something in the air. ;)

NWJR said...

I once woke up to a woman pointing at my groin and laughing.

Wait...that's not what you were talking about...

Never mind.

Lyvvie said...

I've done that lots of times; morning wood is funny!

shoopska said...

now that has to be the best way to start a day huh... laughing yourself awake. fabulous.

i haven't done that, but i've done a homer simpson once, when i woke up half-chewing on my pillow. quite a shock, pillow wasn't half as tasty as the food in my dream had been!

Douglas Hoffman said...

Yup, this has happened to me, too. Depressing part is, the joke is never that funny. Similarly, most of the "wow, what a great story idea!" dreams are flops, too.