Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Thar She Blows!

Well, Shortie still has the poops. Going on day four now. The nappie explosions are wearing me down, and I have to scrub the carpet from the seepage. I'm currently cleaning two full sets of sheets, blankets and pillows because she's pooping overnight. The smell is killing us. I've got the windows open still - we are all a bit cold, but too sweaty under the blankets.

Good news is she's still a chipper nipper, wants to play, walk and run about. She's eating and drinking plenty and the Dr. Says we just have to wait for it to run its course. No immodium for toddlers. Sigh. I'm getting quite fed up with the midnight poops, and the constant smell of sick pooh. Oh - and now I'm sick. Yehaa.

My six day plan was scuppered by feeling like death yesterday. I couldn't eat a thing and everything smelled awful; it's like having morning sickness all over again - and no I'm not pregnant. For sure. I've skipped today too, just to recover, and because Shortie is still not ready to share company with other children - although I'm sure one of those kids got her sick in the first place. I am hopeful for tomorrow.

I was going to put up a review of "The Time Traveler's Wife" but Beth's is so good, and pretty much sums up my take on it - read hers instead. I'm going back to my bed.

11 comments:

MoMMY said...

Seems like she will be better soon. YAY!

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all time FAVORITE books. Fabulous!

MoMMY said...

Ok, I just got back from Beth's. And I see, you didn't like the book. Usually I hate uncertainty and confusion and things being a bit too real (in the sense that life is messy and people are not perfect). I like a good romance that you put down and are done with and everyone is happy and la de da. But this book really grabbed me. Like Beth said, it rang so true, even if I'm not a time traveler. It wasn't perfect or smooth or pretty but it made me think. A lot. And every now and then I like something like that. Not all the time mind you - my head would explode - but sometimes.

Rod said...

Ah the poor little kinder. Hopefully she gets well soon, cause it definitely doesn't feel good when you are going through it. Definitely is a good sign that she is eating and drinking well still... so easy for the little ones to get dehydrated when they are ill.

gina said...

uggg poor you and poor baby !! hope tomorrow is better .

i went to read the review, but i may just read the book instead. got freaked when i saw the spoiler warning, which i totally appreciated.

Douglas Hoffman said...

Toddler squirts. I feel your pain.

Thanks for the black pudding recipe below. If only I could find blood and suet . . . we used to have a butcher shop nearby, but they closed. I don't think I'd trust any of my local markets to give me BLOOD. God only knows where they would get it.

Lyvvie said...

Doug: God only knows what they'd think about the request; "Hey, do you happen to have a couple pounds of pig blood laying around? Maybe?" I can just imagine the gruesome thoughts going through their minds.

Gina: Yeah, you better get thee to the library and get it out - it reads really quick, which is a point in its favour. Let us know what you think!!

Shortie had her first non-pooh night lat night so Hooray - a light at the end of the tunnel!!! I am up to the gym this morning, catch you folks soon!

Gerbera Daisy said...

AAWWWWWWWWW Lyvvie~ I feel your pain. Do you think Shortie is teething?? I always knew when my girls were teething because they always had the nastiest, smelliest, poopiest explosions. Hope you and Shorty feel better soon!! Hugs

gusgreeper said...

i have that book but have not read it yet. i will avoid reviews. tell me it sucks, wait no don't cause then i won't read it..doesn't work like it does with movies!!

"AG" said...

Aw I hope Shortie gets better soon!

SafeTinspector said...

Yuck! I'd make her sleep in a wash-tub. Well, maybe not. But I'd spread plastic under her fitted sheet and all over the floor.

Lyvvie said...

They both have rubber sheets on their matresses - Any Bedroom emergency can be solved with a good rubber.