Monday, January 09, 2006

*Shrug*

I seem to have blogger writer's block. I haven't a clue what to write here these days. I have nothing of interest to share. The stories around me are pretty banal. I'm quite amused by Celebrity Big Brother at the moment Does any other country do this? Put a bunch of A and E list celebs (that's not to be read like "accident and emergency, ok) in a house together for three weeks and watch the egos percolate? I'm addicted, and I'm not even a celeb crazy sort. I can tell you about 3 instances I've had conversations with famous people and never even knew who they were...I'm fairly hopeless. I'd easily be the most unpopular person in LA if I was ever cursed to live there. So far, Dennis Rodman is my favourite. He seems to have a very straightforward way of looking at life and fame. He's pretty stongwilled; where others are reduced to tears already talking about "It's so hard to be MEEeeeeee...wah." he just shrugs, tells them to get the fuck over it and walks off...moaning about how he really needs to get laid "Three weeks with no sex, it's going to kill me. Impossible." Seems we all have our demons...*moan* where's all the chocolate gone?

In good news though, I've not got writer's block in my actual writing. I'm well into a Mother/Daughter teenage comedy, and also writing a fun game program with the Hubs. That's been a lot of fun, just writing out puzzles, and maps and mixing up storylines from a few of my favourite genres, including Zork. You know Zork don't you...SafT will know Zork, I'm sure. It was one of the original text-based adventures written in the 1980's, by a company called Infocom. You can download the games for free now here and being text based, they're only small files, although they were pretty expensive when my brother bought them for his Commodore 64...on floppy disc...the big ones. I remember my brother had made some amazing maps of the mazes and dungeons, that was half of the fun of these games, but a few years ago (okay maybe 10) Hubs and I bought the Infocom Treasury (which after a long search I can't find anywhere on the internet...so maybe worth a fortune?)(No no, just need to search under the right phrases, dumbass. Here it is! and there's a II version...gonna have to get that...) which included all of their games, maps and books of back story and history. If you decide to play cork, and I highly recommend you do, my only piece of advice is: Take the bird!! That's all I'll say. Try a game that didn't rely on sound cards, graphics cards and a team of programmers to make the story came alive; all you'll need is your imagination.

I really enjoy rediscovering these games every few years, once I've forgotten about them. Anyways, that's what's been going on with me. Sassy-Face goes back to school tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to getting the house back to semi-quiet. It'll be nice to be able to clean without feeling guilty for walking back and forth in front of the TV all day.

What's up with you?

12 comments:

Joseph Smith, Jr. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joseph Smith, Jr. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sushiguru said...

I'll try and not repeat myself. Wooo - I have a blog, and I've been reading yours :D Your blog is too funny, so I'm not going to attempt to be: I'll just rant about the things that are currently pissing me off. Hopefully it'll be cathartic...

G.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

A shoutout to the Commodore 64. Sweet-ass sweet piece of computer, there.

Maja said...

I know how it feels to have bloggers block, but it's great that you don't have actual writer's block!!!

How about a photo or two?

I'm currently trying to get a commodore 64 emulator and figure out how to play henry's house on my pc, cause I used to love that game and I'm obsessed about playing it!

Lyvvie said...

Let me put that to the Hubs, Maja. He's the Emulator King. What are you going to be playing it on?

shoopska said...

i'm a little ashamed to admit i've been watching a bit of celebrity big brother too.

not sure about denis rodman though, he put me off when he first came in and kept his sunnies on (inside). i got the feeling he was looking around realising he was surrounded by pure e-list celebs and thinking "wow, this is a new low...". or not. but i also haven't watched enough to see what he has to say.

i'm actually getting a bit obsessed with pete burns' lips - what a freak!! can you believe he's 46??

and yes, i second maja's call. just whack on some photos until you get your blogging mojo back... :)

geezer squeezer! said...

the reality tv makes me cringe.ZORK doesnt though!it was THE adventure game on the 64.i could never play it as i didnt have the disk drive :( i wrote half a lame adventure once (too confusing but good fun though) on the 64.
awesome.
now im off to look at your link :)
x

Lyvvie said...

Send me the lame adventure...I must see it!!!

I know! what's up with Pete?!? Watching him have a cigarette (which he deos all the time) is comedy! He has to poition it just so on the corner of his mouth before clamping those monstrous lips down on the filter...reinforces the urge to not smoke in me.

Dennis pretty much talks about sex all day. He also tries to talk the women into having sex with him, or convincing them he's well it. although...*ahem* did you notice the wood he was sporting this morning?? Holy Hell!!

I think it's funny he has to pee in the sink, as the toilet is too low down for him do his business without soaking the room in pee-spatter.

Sylvana said...

EWWW! He pees in the sink?! I wouldn't want to live in that house.

I think my friend was telling me about Zork. He has a collection of OLD computer games. The oldest one that I played was probably the original Tetris. Oh, and the original Sim City. Boy, were they addicting!!

Maja said...

I've downloaded the CCS64 emulator onto the PC at work (and at home), and I've got some instructions I found somewhere. I think it was just a matter of knowing the lingo to use to make the program run. Now I just need the time to read the instructions...

geezer squeezer! said...

sorry pet,i lost it YEARS ago :(