Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I know I'm bad...

I've done it again...I forgot a birthday. I forgot a very important anniversary, just let it slip by without notice. Can you believe it? I'm awful and it is one of my worst habits - this fog of "everyday" that clouds special days. I missed the 1 year anniversary of my own blog! How could I do that? Well, on January 10th this blog became one year old; Awwwww....ain't it cute how it's grown up? Now I won't invite you to scan back to those first timid posts...they really were a bit crap, but I'm dead proud of myself for keeping this hobby up for a whole year! I've met some Super-Awesome folks and I'll be trucking along with it still.

Now...With Burns Night fast approaching on the 25th, I found this fun site that invites you to "Find The Haggis!" for some fun prizes. Several live cams all over Scotland, UK and even in N.Y (???) and you could win some lovely scotch malt whiskey. Yum!
Follow Me and See if you can find the Haggis! You'll probably have to register...But it's not a spamming site, it's from the local newspaper and they're pretty good folks.

Otherwise, well...so it goes. Life is full of casseroles, chores and writing. A temper tantrum here and there for sparkle and excitement but it's the doldrums of January. I'm looking forward to Spring now, and the first signs are already about, with bulbs throwing up green shoots and a few eager trees popping buds. Some winter bloomers are full of flowers -don't ask me what they are, I have no clue...maybe I'll take a pic and you lot tell me?- So things are turning around.


On a quick point....I've been getting some really dirty cartoon pictures in Spam e-mails lately..is that the new norm?? It used to just be dirty, misspelled text, but this one featured a Disney character doing norty things with some products for sale and nothing else, no text at all. Very weird. Not even a good advertisement as the girl didn't seem to be enjoying any of it.


Oh, and can I tell you all how much I love LOVE my new
Keane (go to the music tab and you'll be able to hear a single. Not bad for three guys, eh?) and The Magic Numbers (Same again, click to listen to music samples) CDs?! Of course I fucking can, It's my blog. I tell ya, if you have any kind of taste musically, you'll love them both!!! The fact that they're real music, real talent and not just a compilation of grunts and samples from someone else's hard work makes it worth full attention and appreciation, because let's be honest - there's way too much shit on the charts these days. I'm sick to fucking death of karaoke copycats and new lyrics to old music...it's smacks of unimaginative get rich quick bollocks and I'll not put my hard earned cash out for it. But something fresh, real and with a soul played on real instruments and I'll pay anything. And don't even get me started on the "Pop Idol" "X-Factor" tripe and shit flooding the markets. Anyone paying money for that crap may as sign up for a complimentary lobotomy while their at it.

So, there ya go.

9 comments:

NWJR said...

Happy Birthday Blog!

I'll celebrate tonight with some Scotch.

Kim said...

Happy Blog B-day!!

Bennet said...

I'm really not one to care if it's copied or not, but most importatnly it's got to have a fast enough tempo to get my blood flowing.....These millions of opera ballads coming out every damn day really piss me off.....okay okay....

Happy (belated) blog b-day....

SafeTinspector said...

A year, eh? Good on you!

As for the x-rated 'toons:are we talking Jasmine, Belle or anthropomorphosized Ariel?
I'm not much for alot of the rest of the fem characters....

Lyvvie said...

It was Belle having things done to her by the candle guy! You mean, there's more of them??? Ew in the extreme.

Gerbera Daisy said...

Happy Blogiversary Lyvvie!!!

sideshow bob said...

I totally agree with your point re: music. There is little that upsets me more than bad music.

And I likewise would advise others to not get me started on shows like "Idol"...I keep hoping that these audition sites turn out to be legionnaires disease hot-spots. Their ranks could use a little thining out...

Scott A. Edwards said...

Hello I am the traffic man, zip, zip, zip. make a new resolution to get a flood of traffic to your website this year. Let me show you how to get FREE traffic to your site. Yes I said FREE, FREE, FREE!!! Don't delay.

To find out more, visit my making money on the internet site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and making money on the internet related stuff. Don't forget - FREE, FREE, FREE. You have nothing to lose!

Scott A. Edwards said...

NOW, check this out for FREE...

There is a new, fully automated traffic-generation system that can send 1000's of targeted prospects to your website, for FREE! It only takes 5 minutes to set up to set your FREE account!

To find out more visit: top home-based businesses site. It successfully exposes FREE information covering Traffic and top home-based businesses related stuff.