Tuesday, January 31, 2006

...*grumble* a summary.

I had a great post all set to go, but killed it before it's prime like a dumbass. I'm not strapped for time so I'll summarize...it was a good one too, so demotivated now.

Weather: it's damned cold now!! We've finally dropped below freezing and I'm wearing two pairs of socks with slippers and a hat in my house. (That's Celsius freezing, not Fahrenheit: We are wusses!)

Interesting link for the traveler/gypsy/vagrants of the future who have saved money wisely and have a disposable income and freight helicopter at their disposal. You can now buy single living homes that only need a flat surface. Make yourself at home on top of any building within the city of your choice (Why not, they're chopping down all the forests - just frigging deal and join the 21st century all ready You can now be an Urban Jungle Environmental Campaigner!) Enjoy the 360 degree view and...here's the link, remember - strapped for time!!

Now, there's also this lovely item in today's newspaper that should be a big sign that someone in the label factory is really not happy in their job. Bosses, pay your staff some attention, customers Always read the label!!!

third thing...I found this hat one day lost in the street so I picked it up, washed it a few times, made sure it had no crawlies or anything and have made it my own. It's black with pink skulls and crossbones. I feel a wee bit guilty because out there somewhere, some girl will be feeling the cold today and will have no hat to keep her head warm. But really, am I expected to put up notices all over town saying "Found, one hat - describe and collect" or turn it in to the police? No way. I did that a few weeks ago with a mobile phone I'd found and no one called with a description and the police were ok about it - but told me firmly that I wouldn't get the phone back. Thanks, but I have one all my own. Am I and icky-meanie for keeping the hat?

lastly....I have been unfaithful. I've been seeing my other blog a lot more often lately and I'm very sorry. The content of the other blog is extremely boring - it's all bout diets, food and calorie counting and I just didn't want to bore you lot to death with it all. I hope you'll be able to forgive me. It's not you - you are great, it's me. I'm just not able to share that area of weakness with you. I know you'll say you'd be there for me too, just like my other blog friends are...now don't pout. Of course I would have other friends on my other blog, but that doesn't mean you aren't important to me too - You Are! Of course you are.

I know that's a big thing to take in, and I'll let you alone think it over. I'll be back before the weekend, I promise. No, I mean it - I will. Come on, now...don't sulk. It'll give you wrinkles. Ok, not in a laughing mood now. I am the official "Sucky friend". I'll see you later.

I love you...*kiss*

14 comments:

tornwordo said...

I forgive you. And I don't think you're a meany for keeping the hat. Finders keepers and all that rot you know.

Chick said...

I've missed you.

Those homes look so interesting, I want to build one on the top of my office. I'd have such a cool commute.

The hat sounds cool...got any pics (& you were right to keep it).

Gerbera Daisy said...

Welcome back!!! I really missed you. I don't think you are an icky-meanie for keeping the hat. I would love to see a picture of you wearing your newly aquired hat. Have a great day!!

Manblogger641 said...

I found a Carhartt hat in the parking lot of a diner on XMAS day. I soaked it overnight and then washed it and used bleach. Its my new hat. Screw the person who lost it i figure. It was not important to them and if it was they would have kept better track of it.

NWJR said...

I know a guy who claims to make several hundred dollars during holiday season by walking the mall and looking for money people drop while shopping. He picks it up, pockets it, and amasses a tidy "profit".

So no...I don't think keeping the hat is all that bad. In comparison, anyway.

Welcome back.

NWJR said...

Oh, and I'm SO loving the "loft cube".

(I like the background groove too...it's "2 Wicky" from the band "Hoover", btw).

Lyvvie said...

Well, I feel much better about the hat now...but I do look like a dork in it...I'll have to goth up and take a pic. Will give me something to do. *laugh*

Michael Manning said...

Her via Kim: You had me laughing about saving up and using your disposable income for a freight helicopter. I was on a Rainforest Awareness non profit board for years. And keep the hat! Great site here!

Maja said...

Finders Keepers!

I have another blog, too, actually it's a livejournal, and I put my whiny self absorbed stuff in there.

I think everyone has been in a bit of a funk with their blogs.. is the novelty wearing off yet? It's like keeping a diary, isn't it? occasionally you just can't be bothered writing in it.. but the difference with blogs is there are people out there who want to hear from you.. even if it's just one line.

NWJR said...

We've finally dropped below freezing and I'm wearing two pairs of socks with slippers and a hat in my house. (That's Celsius freezing, not Fahrenheit: We are wusses!)


OK, I have to ask, because this is killing me. What's the difference between Celcius freezing and Farenheit freezing? Isn't freezing freezing?

I know there's a numerical difference, but is THAT what you're talking about?

James Baker said...

I was just searching blogs,and I found your site, Friend! I like it!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success.
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
computer center
It pretty much covers computer center related issues.
All the best!

James Baker said...

Hi, Fellow!I like your blog!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a computer center
site. It pretty much covers computer center related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

Joe Berenguer said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
computer center
It covers computer center related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

Joe Berenguer said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
games center
It covers games center related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.