Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm having a selfish dilemma

pict0957


I've talked before about how much I love pens, and when I'm writing I need some particular kinds of pens to help me. I don't like being distracted by pens that gob ink all over the page or stain my palm as I drag my hand across the page. I prefer to handwrite in the brainstorming phase of a story because it's how I wrote when I was six, and it feels right for me. My all time, number one, coveted pen is the Pilot g-tec-c4. It's an amazing pen. It's sometimes hard to hold because it's narrow and plastic so a bit slippery, but the ink is perfect, and it comes in an ultrafine point that you could inject yourself with...not that I've tried, but it's that sharp. I feel safe carrying it in my pocket while walking alone at night. Is that wrong?

It's notoriously hard to get. When I found this pen in the picture it was all alone in the store, and I'd been in several different shops trying to find one. I bought it (actually I nearly ran away without paying for it I was so excited.) and have been using for emergencies only; for really good feeling stories that have that give me a buzz when I start them. But look at it; it's getting low on ink. It's in the last quarter of it's life and I'm scared! What will happen if it runs out mid sentence? I'll have to start with a new pen and it won't match. It'll tarnish my words and throw my creativity out the window because I will focus on the day the pen ran dry! It's just going to hurt so much and I can't face it.

So, I was trawling the internet trying to find a shop that sells them in the UK, because I don't want to get ass whipped by the government wanting tax and customs fees and stuff. I was all gooey in the middle when I found a site called Cult Pens. You hear that, my favourite pen is a cult classic. And they have them in lots of colours...but I need blue. Must be blue. So i was about to order them up in a pretty dozen but I can't! I can't buy my wonderful pens until after December 2nd, and WHY do you ask? Well because the folks who run Cult Pens just got married and are on their honeymoon.

Damn I feel bad about being pissed off about that!

I'm going to pout until Dec. 2nd.

22 comments:

Kerstin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gerbera Daisy said...

I will keep my eyes opened for that type of pen. If I find one I will let you know!!! I know how it feels to have a favorite pen and can't find a replacement. I am like you, I can not stand when the ink comes out in gobs.

Kim said...

LOL! I wonder if we can order those from our office supply place here in the states??

cmhl said...

I have not HEARD of that pen, and now I am on a quest to get one!

I am like you, I love having a perfect pen.

I usually go with the sharpie ultra-fine in black, because I like the way it smells, and it doesn't smear on teh side of my hand. for some reason, I have serious smearing issues. I lvoe the way the gel pens write, but I look like I have been wallowing in ink when I am done.

I added you to my blogroll! great blog!

Patricia said...

hey it's hard to beat a good pen. marriages are around 50%. sounds like your pen has more staying power than the happy couple.

Blazngfyre said...

OMG!!!
That pen ROCKS!
I covet mine.
It stays hidden away.


um ..... I too have a "writing utensil" fetish.


I'll keep my eyes out for you.

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I like you a little more just knowing you're obsessed with pens. Good luck finding a new one.

Nice Mac.

Lyvvie said...

Actually, it's a PC, but we liked the Mac keyboard. We are computer butchers, and fashion slags.

Lyvvie said...

And you must stop flirting with me LBB, it makes me blush and get all giggly. I get that image of your...book, in my head, and start thinking "I'm making tacos tonight."

BeadPerkins said...

There are some cool pens in Japan. One of the 'in' pens of the moment feels like a flacid penis.
Oh Lyvvie, I am BACK. I'm sorry I was too heartbroken over a jerk to visit for awhile.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

geezer squeezer! said...

i heart lyv.and her pens :)
i do dig a good pencil though.

Weary Hag said...

I so understand your affection for writing utensils! I've posted a couple of times about how many pens I have in my 'collection.' I'll keep my eyes open for that pen also... if I find them in any of our local stores, I'll let you know and we can make it happen for you!

NWJR said...

ARRRGH! I was going to compliment you on the Mac, but you have a beautiful Mac keyboard attached to a PC?

That's weird, because I have a Microsoft keyboard attached to my Mac.

Lyvvie said...

Wow It's so cool to know there are so many obsessive Stylophiles in this world!!!

But I'll wait for the loving couple to return. I mean, it's too sweet really, they're on their honeymoon.

Do you think if I send a note of congratulations I'll get a discount??

tornwordo said...

But surely your quarter pen will last until then right? That was truly funny. Thank you.

Maja said...

Man, December 2nd is AGES away. I can totally understand your grief..

honeymoon... paf!

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

i love G-Tec too!!!! My favourite pen of all time! Best of all, it is refillable! Woohoo!

aughra said...

I will look, too, and if I find it, I can send them to you, and mark them on customs as a gift....

Lyvvie said...

It's so nice of folks to offer to send me pens, but seriously, I can wait.

unless, you know, you really want to dish out presents to me. I'll not say no, but I'll do my best to return the favour.

Any other golf fans other than Corinna?

sCruuw said...

You and your pens! HE HE! You crack me up..I

am like that with fabric... Bet you woulda never guessed that about me!

Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

I already bookmarked you as a new find, but this clinched it. I must use certain pens to glide across the page. I'm going to check out the pen you recommend.... You should see me in statinary/office supply stores.

This quirk has been a part of me since I was a child.

Sylvana said...

My new favorite pen is the Bic round stick Grip med. It is Awesome!! It is soft and silky and frosted. The ink doesn't blob and it doesn't hurt my hand. Absolutely fabulous!