Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Ahhhh, to sing like Alfalfa.

I am the third to fall victim of the cold that steals the voice. The girls had and recovered but I'm now barking like a seal and mouthing half my words as my voice cuts out. It's not painful, which is a blessing, but I can't stop singing Lou Rawls songs now. I keep doing my impersonation of Alfalfa from the Little Rascals but no one here gets it; they weren't raised on these shows like I was (I miss you channel 56!!) and they just offer me fisherman's friend, which is awful, nasty, toxic death. Bleecht!

I'll just enjoy the sexy huskiness while it lasts. Everyone sing with me!!

" You'll never find, as long as you live
Someone who loves you tender like I do
You'll never find, no matter where you search
Someone who cares about you the way I do

Whoa, I'm not braggin' on myself, baby
But I'm the one who loves you
And there's no one else, no-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh one else

You'll never find, it'll take the end of all time
Someone to understand you like I do
You'll never find the rhythm, the rhyme
All the magic we shared, just us two

Whoa, I'm not tryin' to make you stay, baby
But I know some how, some day, some way
You are (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh (you're gonna miss my lovin')
Late in the midnight hour, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When it's cold outside (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

You'll never find another love like mine
Someone who needs you like I do
You'll never see what you've found in me
You'll keep searching and searching your whole life through
Whoa, I don't wish you no bad luck, baby
But there's no ifs and buts or maybes

You're gonna, You're gonna miss (miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
I know you're gonna my lovin' (you're gonna miss my lovin')
You're gonna miss, you're gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh (you're gonna miss my lovin')
Late in the midnight hour, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When it gets real cold outside (you're gonna miss my lovin')
I know, I know that you are gonna miss my lo-o-ove

Let me tell you that you're gonna miss my lovin'
Yes you will, baby (you're gonna miss my lovin')
When I'm long gone
I know, I know, I know that you are gonna miss..."

I first heard that song when I was four and I've never forgotten it. that and "Hey, If you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world..." which may be the longest title for a song...I'll have to research. My first music was an 8-track tape of Peter, Paul and Mary... why am I telling you this?

I have begun to blog Ramble...oh NO!

I still really liked that song about the toy that went Whirrrr when it stood still. And thier version of Puff the Magic Dragon makes me cry, even today. Ok I'm off to get dinner ready; tonight we're having haggis, lamb and autumn veg stew! It's great.

who said ew?!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Rod said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riss said...

That was me going "ew" but it was just an instinctive response. I'd actually try it. Filipinos eat even weirder stuff. I'd tell you but I don't want to put you off your sheep's intestine.

Gerbera Daisy said...

I was singing along with ya Lyvvie!! I LOVE that song!!! I also love Peter, Paul and Mary and their music. I hope you feel better soon.

NWJR said...

My first music was "John Denver's Greatest Hits" on cassette!

My dad was a big PPM fan; I still love their music. One of my "guilty pleasures". Oddly enough, as my father aged, he resembled Noel Paul Stookey in a very scary way.

Ah, memories.

sCruuw said...

lol lyvvie! i would love to hear you accent all demi moored!

Blog ho said...

i love your keyboard.

Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

My brother watched "Little Rascals" when my mother wasn't looking. She banned that and "The 3 Stooges." Hope you feel better VERY soon! >>>>virtual chicken soup 2u.

Ahh. I love P, P, & M. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" turns on the tear faucet as does "Puff." Hope you stop by my blog. It has a music theme interwoven among my posts, from the title of the blog to the title of the posts... Get Well soon.

shoopska said...

i thought haggis was just one of those jokes that scottish people played on foreigners, like drop bears in australia. never thought ordinary folk actually ate it! i'm very impressed.
am on the tail end of a cold myself, right in that really disgusting phlegmy cough phase... so hope we get better soon!

SafeTinspector said...

It was good enough for food when it was being used to digest it.
THat's what I say.
But I don't know as I'd eat it.

Weary Hag said...

There are many foods I'd be willing to try, but haggis just isn't on the list. :( You can have my portion.

I about died when you said you were four when you first heard that Lou Rawls song. Egad, I was already out clubbing when it came out! How's that for age?

Little Rascals and Three Stooges were among my favorite TV shows growing up.

Thanks for the memories Lyvvie! And feel better soon.