Friday, September 02, 2005

Louisiana

I've spent a few hours in the pre-dawn (damned insomnia) watching CNN and finding out what's going on for real. Absolutely shocked. Ashamed of the fact that help wasn't there the second the winds subsided. I share Candi's comments:

"GEORGE BUSH'S GOVERNMENT DO SOMETHING YOU MUTHERFUCKERS!!!! THIS IS A FUCKING DISGRACE!!!!!! IRAQ IS THE FUCKING HILTON COMPARED TO LOUISIANA MISSISSIPPI!!!!!!!!!!! ASSSSHHHOOOOLLLLEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

She has a way with words that makes me weak at knees.
I got an e-mail from my brother saying everyone in Louisiana was fine and I shouldn't worry. I was confused...then remembered I have an Aunt and cousin's and second-third and more family there I've not seen since I was around ten, all on my Dad's side; my family is distinctly Matriarchal.

I felt very guilty, relieved and disconnected. I want to do something to help but have no clue what I can do other than pray right now. As soon as the UK sets up some form of relief fund, I'll chuck what I can into it.

No comments: