Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Conversations with my Five year old...

I'm really beginning to hate this conversation. We have it every day and I keep hoping it will change. I pick her up after school...

Me: Hello Honey! You look good. Did you have a nice day?


Her: Yes.


Me: What did you do today?


Her: I don't know. I don't remember.


Me: You just walked out of class...how can you forget all ready?


Her: *Shrug*


Me: Did you do some reading today?


Her: Yes. Some reading. About volcanoes.


Me: Cool! What did you learn about volcanoes?


Her: I don't remember.

Me: Did you do some math? Some writing?


Her: I think so. But Mummy...I...Don't...Remember!

Me: Fine. You don't remember. You've only spent six hours in that building and you cannot remember any of it. I'm sure your teachers are really proud.

Her: Can I go play Sonic...


Me: Yes. I think you should. Go now.


Are they sworn to secrecy or something? This is a variation of just about every after school conversation. I know I'm not alone as other parents have complained about the same thing. They could be sewing the panels onto soccer balls and I'd never know it! I feel cheated. I want to know what goes on after the teacher shuts the door.

No comments: