Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Things that make me go Grrrrrr...

I felt like having a wee snack of hot buttered toast with chocolate spread and peanut butter. I'll toast the bread, make a nice cup of tea and enjoy the quiet as the baby has her nap.

The toast pops up. I cover the slices with real butter and then, one gets the chocolate and the other the peanut butter. There's only enough chocolate for one slice and I got it before Husband or Child could.

I go to the table, look out at the gorgeous view from my window. Wisps of steam whisper off the mug. I raise the chocolate covered toast to my lips, butter drips down my thumb and...

I see a small patch of cooked green fur on the toast's crust.

I had to throw both bits away and start with a new loaf of bread...both with peanut butter.

The mood was completely killed.

7 comments:

Kim said...

What kind of chocolate do you use on your toast? It sounds heavenly, minus the green fuzzy stuff, of course :)

Lyvvie said...

It's Nutella, it's a chocolate and hazelnut flavored spread...and it's gorgeous! I think you can get it at CostCo.

Victoria said...

Nutella! I can't even have it in my house.. dangerous stuff.

Kim said...

Thanks Lyvvie. I'll look for it!

Mere Existence said...

Green fur can be a good source of protein.

Blog ho said...

accursed mold! you were so prepared, too.

Lyvvie said...

Victoria ~ It is addictive and lovely...but then...you've been known to eat Japanese erasers and found them delicious too. (The first article I ever read on blogger...made laugh til I had to pee)

Kim ~ Good Luck!!

M.E. ~ I get plenty of that from more palatable sources than fungus.

HoBoy ~ I know. Damned wicked stuff. And I had no other suitable replacement; cookies, cakes, pastries....all not here for me. I felt so abandoned.