Friday, March 04, 2005

Conversation with my five year old...

"You know, I can count really high now Mummy, want to hear?"

"Ok...go ahead."

She begins to count perfectly up until 22...


"22, 29, 100, 110, 115, 123, 129, 133..."


"You missed a few in between, but not a bad job at all."


"How high did I get Mum?"

"133..you know..in 100 years, that's how old I'll be. 133."


"No you won't."


"I will too."

"Nuh-uh, cuz you'll be dead by then."


"You don't know that...people live to be really, really old now-a-days."


"Yeah, but not that old. You'll probably live to be 30 and that's all."


"Honey, I'm 33...that's three years older than 30. Go outside and play now."


*heavy sigh*

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love reading your posts about your kids! :)

Lyvvie said...

Anytime you wanna borrow them you're very welcome.

Kim said...

your posts or your kids?

Lyvvie said...

Well...both I s'pose.

As long as you treat them nice-like.

Blog ho said...

At least the 5 year old went outside. consider yourself lucky.

BeadPerkins said...

He he! I thought my mother was 18 for years and years and years!

whiskytangofoxtrot said...

"Out of the mouths of babes",lol.

Being of the shaved head myself, and my Wiff having looong red hair, It was an easy joke at the house anytime you found a hair a) on food b) in a drink c) attached to you mysteriously, etc....

So(within earshot of his mother)my 10yr.old son hears me grumbling to myself after nearly tripping over a strand of hair (yes, it can be done, one strand that somehow wrapped itself around my pinky toe and the other end was "attached" to a table leg,lol. I'm tellin you, my girl has some strong MotherEffin' HAIR)"now I wonder who THAT could've belonged to?" Josh chirps up, "MOOOM!" (me grumbling while unlashing myself from the funhouse super death-strand hair of doom(tm) "Sheesh! How'dja possibly figure that out Mr.Partysmants, cuz it's longer than yours or mine?"

"nope" the little fucker grins, "cuz it's GRAY!!!"

(me) muuuuUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHaahahahahahah
*gulp* (wiff enters room w/ effing LASER BEAMS coming out of her eyes, and lemme tell you, If looks could kill, I'd be a big pile of goo right now.) "I don't think that was funny at all mister!"
Man and son together *DOUBLEGULP*

Mom grins,"it was VERY funny ya daffy little mutt, but don't you DARE ever say it again"

Felt the icy stare of death and lived to tell about it......truestory, lol.