Saturday, January 29, 2005

I knew this was my Second Adolescence....

This test just proved what I already knew. I'm even studying for my driving test. I've lived in the U.K. for almost ten years and never needed to drive (excellent bus system in Edinburgh) but we moved to the sticks a year ago and it's becoming quite lonely, so I'm getting my U.K. drivers license. I've even had to take driving lessons again because here, you have two types of driving licenses; one for driving an automatic and one for driving a manual transmission. If you have a license for a manual, you can also drive an automatic, but not vice versa. I've never driven a stick in my life, but the family car is a manual (I read somewhere, years ago, that men find women who can drive a stick very sexy). I have to take a theory test, and then a driving test. Since I already did this fifteen years ago, my mind is turning to oatmeal at the thought of, execution of and practice of getting my license. The people here drive like freekin loonies too! Jackrabbits on acid! I thought Boston was bad, but I'd rather drive Rt.93 through the middle of Boston on the day before Thanksgiving everyday of my life than drive on any wee back road here. Anyways, hope whoever may read this is having a nice weekend, I have to go and memorize road signs.

Lyvvie






You Are 17 Years Old



17





Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.




No comments: